Gremesco of New Jersey is recruiting driven, personable underwriters to add to its team of insurance professionals. Applications are currently being accepted for junior and senior Excess and Surplus Lines underwriters who are eager to propel their careers to the next level.
Underwriters will be responsible for soliciting new accounts, marketing new and renewal business, and maintaining stellar customer service. Salary will be commensurate with following and experience, with opportunities for unlimited growth based on performance.
Successful applicants must have:
- Five years minimum wholesale experience
- Established retail agency contacts
- No less than a resident Property and Casualty state license
- Excellent people skills to maintain and establish strong relationships with retail agents
- The ability to work independently
- Strong computer and organizational skills
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Gremesco of New Jersey is proud to offer hands-on internship positions for qualified undergraduate and graduate students. Insurance experts at Gremesco will serve as mentors while teaching students the ins and outs of the high-risk insurance business, including risk assessment, professional relationship building, accounting principles, and other skills.
Our main goal is to provide opportunities to apply classroom lessons to the real world. Unlike huge firms, interns should expect to become part of the company's core team and will have the opportunity to communicate directly with retail brokers, maintain policy records, join us at client outings, and learn first hand what it takes to make a business successful. Be prepared to do real work and field unexpected tasks as they come up each day. Interns may also be tapped to provide clerical support.
Internships may be completed for credit or a competitive hourly wage based on student preference.
Successful applicants must:
- Be rising juniors and above with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Commit 10 business hours minimum each week
- Have demonstrated academic interest in business, accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management and/or math
- Have standard computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs and social media platforms
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you are right for the internship position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gremesco of NJ, LLC is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.